Friday, August 29, 2014

7 ways to be her hero




7 ways to be her hero by Doug Fields is without hesitation one of the best books for men to read. It doesn't matter how long you have been married its for us all. Not to mention these are good truths to learn and begin to memorize wile you are single. Doing that might just save you from having to weed through a lot of junk later on. This is a book written in such a way that it feels like you're having a conversation one on one, man to man. You don't have to read long in the book before you realize that he is used to talking to men about things that men deal with. It has helped me see my relationship with my wife in a new way, and opened my eyes to things that I thought i had worked out, but still need to work on.

The number one thing that stuck out the most two me was his 5 minute rule. I know it might be simple to most, but it has changed so much of my priorities. For those of you who haven't read the book what the five minute rule is, is dedicating the first five minutes to the person your choosing at that time. So when you come home from work what are you doing in the first five minutes? Saying hello to your wife giving her a kiss, talking to your kids, or getting on your phone, or putting your stuff down and just wanting to be alone. What we do in the first five minutes can set the tone for the evening so don't waste them.

No comments:

Post a Comment