Wednesday, February 26, 2014

gods at war


  Gods at war by Kyle Idleman (the student edition) is a book on idolatry. He takes a very clear and easy to read approach to different areas in our life that we may have put in the place of God. This book starts by identifying what idolatry truly is and how it operates in our life today. Then Kyle dedicates each of the next chapters to an individual idle that students might struggle with. Finishing up the book with a reflection on what it all means. 

  This is a must read for every student. As a student pastor I will be letting as many as I can barrow this book because I know it will change their life. 

   My favorite lines in the book are, "You can't understand the seriousness of Idolatry without understanding the jealousy of God. And you can't understand his jealousy without some understanding of his relentless, powerful love for you. The two are intertwined." I love this quote because it brings out the true point for Him being a jealous God, His love for us. I don't know if I can express the need for every christian to read this book. Getting rid of Idles is the only way to grow closer to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment